Thursday, August 14, 2008

Waiting for our new birth certificate




We are waiting for our new birth certificate. Ours is coming from Guatemala City (where Rosalia was born.) It used to take only a week, but for many months Guatemala has been going through a process called RENAP where all the civil registries for each town will be integrated into one system. Since this is a somewhat new thing it is taking longer than it used to --(SURPRISE!)
Some people have received theirs in about 2 weeks, others much longer... so we will wait and see. Tony and I had to provide a copy of our passports this week to this office... hopefully they won't want anything else new.
I have had a nanny named Gabi watch Rosalia 2 mornings a week for 4 hours. Gives me a little time away and Rosalia can see a new face too. I have started Spanish classes for 2 hours on those mornings. I started this the week before we knew we were out of PGN. Of course, I wish I would have started earlier now... but any time helps!!
Rosalia is pretty good at keeping mommy laughing lately. She is really into sorting things and placing them in and out of shoe boxes, trash cans, oatmeal boxes... whatever she can find. I hope her skills last when we get home and she can pick up all her and her brothers toys!
Tony is getting Joshua ready for sharing his home with a new sister. He is already picking out toys, etc. that "sissie" can play with.
I will definitely post when we hear some news about the new birth certificate. I am also trying to put together some pictures of the "not so pretty" side of Antigua .... stay tuned!
Love to all, Linda and Rosalia

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Evertime I see a new picture of Rosalia or you write about new things she's doing I just smile. To know how far she's come since meeting her in January is amazing. I know it's been extremely difficult for you to be away from Tony and Josh for all these months, but it has to be encouraging to know that it's been so worth the separation. Now I can't wait to read that you have the new birth certificate so Tony can start preparing for your home coming.

Anonymous said...

hehe..ok spanish pupil..

Te echo de menos y te amo, y no puede esperar a verle pronto y RosalĂ­a, de vuelta a casa en los Estados Unidos!

(use the link below if you need to translate it, just copy and paste what I wrote into the box on the dictionary page and it should translate it!)

http://www.spanishdict.com/

Anonymous said...

and for the record, so it wasn't completely pitiful spanish, i cheated and used the online translator as well!