Sunday, April 27, 2008

UUGGGHHHH!




Well, we had some bad news this week. The president that took power in Jan. replaced the attorney general on Tuesday and then he proceeded to change the sub-attorney general who signs the adoption cases when they are ready to come out of PGN. There was also reviewers who were replaced. Soo.... what does all this mean??? No one knows for sure yet, but it will mean a slowed down process for a little while (if it can get any slower.) We were told our case was supposed to come off the 2nd reviewers desk to get signed soon... but now who knows. The new administration is asking for an audit of the PGN, etc. It is POLITICS, but we can only hope it is for the better.
My lucky streak with not getting sick came to an end on Sunday night. I woke up vomiting and felt like crud for a few hours, but it didn't last long. I am sure it was something I ate --- bought some tortillas from a vendor stand after church on Sunday. (I was getting pretty cocky!!)Thankfully Rosalia has not been sick at all!!
I took some private Spanish lessons this week. I had a woman come to the apartment and had a babysitter for Rosalia for 3-4 hours in the afternoon. (I learned that I need more lessons!) She was very good and I did learn a fair amount. Now I just need to study, practice and use it. Rosalia did well with the babysitter. She did not nap as well, but did not seem to have any problems. (Who needs Mom anyway!)
My roommate left on Sunday for Guatemala City where she has her embassy appointment on Monday and is leaving for the good old USA on Wed. It was sad to see her go but we are happy for her and her daughter. Can't wait till it is us!!
The good news is I have my niece Melanie coming in on Monday for about a week! Looking forward to having family here and maybe seeing some new sites. About a week after Melanie leaves I get to have Tony and Joshua come- oh boy!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i can help you practice your spanish this week..i need to brush up on mine as well!! maybe i can make some flashcards with vocab words on them if you don't already have some..quiz you that way haha. i can't wait to see you both in a few short hours! im pretty much all packed but i have to be up in 5 hours to get to the airport, yikes! im off to bed!

Anonymous said...

I miss and love you both!!