Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July in Guatemala

I bet you can only imagine how long this took.
Next year I will be an American too!!

Poor Barney... he has no idea what's coming.



Our sweet angel!!


Hola everyone! We have had several birthday parties and a 4th of July celebration this week. It seems like all the kids are turning "1" in the next month or so. Several more people I have met are getting close to going home soon. That is great news for them and gives the rest of us hope that we TOO shall someday see the USA again. I feel especially grateful this 4th of July for the country I was born in and the MANY blessings that has brought.


Sorry it has been kind of dry on the blog lately. It has been kind of tough going and to top it off for the past week or so I have been waking up with some major bug bites. At first I thought it was mosquitoes but I had them around my trunk and hips too and we think they are bed bugs.
At first I thought--"oh no big deal "-.but they itch like crazy and the more research I have done on the web... it looks like they are a major problem- even in the U.S. there has been a resurgence since the 1950's-60's. I have talked to the landlady who thought it was mosquitoes, but I am sure I will be talking to her some more. Others in the complex haven't had a problem yet but it sounds like they will travel well. I guess they can multiply quickly, only come out at night, very hard to find and kill. I don't want to go into much detail, but "google" bed bugs sometime when you don't want to sleep that night! It has been tougher getting to sleep when you feel every little thing (YIKES!) Luckily they haven't found Rosalia yet... she sleeps in a pac-n-play several feet from my bed and I cover it in mosquito netting.
She continues to do great. Pulls up on things and walks along furniture as long as she has a hold of something. Loves to walk behind the wooden chairs as she pushes them along the tile floor. Likes to run after her girlfriends when they are all in their walkers.
Well, I am dreaming of hot dogs and barbeque's. I pray everyone has a safe and happy 4th!! I will keep you updated when we hear more about our case.
Love to everyone, Linda and Rosalia

3 comments:

Brenda Coleman said...

I finally had Sara send me your link, as somehow I missed capturing it. What an amazing journey you are on, Linda . . . and Rosalia is such a beautiful and captivating baby! I can understand your disappointment in this difficult and confusing process. KEEP THE FAITH! We are praying for you and will step it up by asking more friends to add you to their prayer lists. The pictures of your family all together were so wonderful - I can only imagine your longing to be together again. It will happen - then you will blink and Rosalia and Joshua will be in high school and you will wonder what happened. Treasure these precious times. You are wonderful parents and sacrifice is all part of it, I guess. God bless the Kansas - Guatemala Wolfs. WE LOVE YOU!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU TONS!! Ahhh! That pic of her with the flag in the pink dress just makes me wanna eat her up! Sooo cute! Beautiful big eyes! Can't wait for y'all to come home and show her off (and i know you cant wait either).

Jennifer said...

I bet it DID take a while to get that first photo.... HOW CUTE, though.